I think that sometimes I forget the power of affirmations and giving thanks. Last night I began with my obsessive thinking just as I wanted to go to bed. This is so frustrating. I lay down for bed and all of a sudden, right when I am about to fall into a deep sleep, a loud voice inside my head asks me: "What do you have to do tomorrow?" and, reluctantly, my brain answers with a list of different things I should do. I am trying to get back to sleep when I begin thinking about all sorts of things, each thought leading to a new thought and so on. This goes on for at least 20 minutes when I decide I will try counting my blessings to see if that will help me sleep.
Sure enough, after counting about 10 blessings and telling myself how fortunate I am for this and that and what I am good at, etc. I fall straight to sleep.
So I recommend trying this if you are anxious or are suffering from sudden insomnia - I know I will do it a lot more often!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."Abraham Lincoln
No comments:
Post a Comment