Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Fat Lazy Housewife No More!



YES! The above picture is how I feel now! Honestly, I am not a housewife and will probably never be one, but the fact that I go to school while Derek brings home the bacon (and I contribute only a third of our income a month) means that I guess I can parallel my role in this house right now with that of a beautiful, glowing 1950's housewife (if you are going to make this comparison why not specify what kind of gorgeous housewife you are right?)

In a week I have lost 3 pounds and that is not water weight people - I have counted calories and have decreased my portion sizes. I have been drinking lots of water and have walked over a mile every other day. AND, I have had FUN - imagine that.

Speaking of housewives, I love the article below.

1 comment:

John Barson said...

So good to see that the blog is up and running. Congratulations on losing 3 pounds. However, I do think it shows that you are being a poor housewife as you cannot seem to keep track of the pounds you have and go off and lose them. Seriously, why are you on the computer. Blogging takes time away from you preparing for Derek's return.

Anyway hope you aren't taking me seriously and once again congratulations on the weight loss. You guys should visit sometime, that way someone is using the beach I live next to.

Fellow grad student with no time,
John