Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel today. First of all I will clean the house all day but I will not do the clothes!! They are so daunting! I HATE FOLDING, HANGING UP, WASHING, DRYING, and ORGANIZING CLOTHES!!!!! Give me a toilet to clean any day! Anyway....I had a physical at my house by my life insurance provider and she brought out a brand new, fancy scale. At first I thought, no problem, I know how much I weigh and I am okay with it. But no...the scale had to be new and weighed me differently than the old scales I have been using. So...I step on. It reads: 158.7. Shit.
When I got married I weighed 138-145 lbs (it fluctuated a lot right before I got married). But I worked really hard to get it down that low. So this means that after a year and 2 months of marriage I am 14-20 pounds heavier. What if I do this every year for the next 10 years? Let's see, let's say and average of 18 pounds a year for ten years I will weigh: 338 pounds! What about over the next 40 years?? I will weigh 878 POUNDS! AH!
So, I knew I had gained weight because my legs look like sausages instead of bean stalks but I didn't think I was nearly the heaviest I have ever been!! (I weighed 165 when I moved to Valdosta and lost it all...but now I am going to be right back up there!!!) So...what is the decision? Work out?...I really just do not have the patience right now. Drinking a lot of water? YES. Stop drinking alcohol? NO. Stop eating bread? NO NO NO. Limit portions? YES. Pizza? MAYBE. UGH...I hate the process of losing weight...and I hate it too because everyone always says "You don't need to lose weight!!" and then I just feel like I can eat whatever I want...So please, do not tell me I do not need to lose it, I DO...I weigh closer to 200 pounds than 100 so this is not hard to figure out, I need to lose weight. The healthy weight for my height is 135-155. I want to be at the 135.
2 comments:
From a guy who has lost weight numerous times (this time keeping it off). Here are some things to do that will help in your quest.
1. Become a guy (our metabolisms allow us to gain and lose weight fast)....if this is not an option, still continue with the other ideas.
2. Find food that is better for you that you are willing to eat. I now snack on fat free yogurt and sugar free puddings as they taste good and are better for me. Buying stuff that tastes like crap isn't going to help any.
2a. Remove soft drinks and bad snack food from the house. If Derek wants to have cookies, tell him to hide them from you.
3. Only eat fast food once a week. I know this can be difficult so if it happens more, go for the lesser of the evils on the menu (use the nutrition sections on the corporate websites).
4. Find something physical to do. Running, weight lifting, some kind of sport, moving large rocks, etc. It's good for you, helps you relieve stress, and keeps you from obsessing about things(I saw your next post already)
4a. Find someone to do it with if you can. Running gets boring.
4b. If drive somewhere that you can easily walk, save gas and walk there (see the benefits in 4 above)
4c. Reward yourself for being active. I buy a small bag of cookies if I workout/run 4-5 times in the week. Rewards vary per person.
4d. If you can't make it for as long as you'd like each week, don't beat yourself up. Do what you can and then promise yourself (and keep said promise) to make it up to yourself later.
5. Alcohol. How much are you having and how often? I don't know so you'll have to gauge for yourself. Anyway, think about this. If you have a bottle of wine at dinner every night, it no longer becomes special and you have to spend more money finding ways to entertain yourself. Also you're too young for the health benefits for one glass of red wine a day. And alcohol slows the aforementioned metabolism. I'm not saying stop drinking, but if you want to loose weight reducing how much and how often can really help.
This is all I can think of right now. If you have questions just message me.
Wow. John must know what he is talking about... damn.
Crystal, this is your sister. Let me tell you about my new diet. I do not eat anything, I drink wate & coffee, that is all. Then, when I feel like I may faint, I eat a cube of cheese. This is guaranteed to get you down to a perfect size 2, which is the new 4! Okay gotta run, hun!
muah
love, edee
(ps-i took this off the devil wears prada ;)
Post a Comment