Monday, May 12, 2008

*~Summer~*

I am done with classes and my assistantship for the summer! Yay for keeping my 4.0 average! Derek and I will be working this summer - in Warren County teaching and organizing the youth activities at the church here because Nick, the youth director, is leaving.

I am considering finding a full-time job for next year. This semester was busy but my next 2 semester are going to be a piece of cake and I really should work if I can - and I can! So - the job search begins for a full-time, salaried job (benefits do not matter because I get those through Derek), and a little flexible for my 2 classes I am taking next semester. We will see what happens.

Daddy has a new boat - it is WONDERFUL and I love it so much ! We are going to have a blast on it this summer! We went to the lake yesterday but it was way to windy to do anything so Mama and I just sat around and talked, it was nice.

Things are going considerably well in Sandersville. It is Spring and so nice outside, we can walk the dogs alot. We are trying to keep our chins up because in reality Derek loves his job, I am doing great in school, and we are doing okay financially (and will do a lot better when I get a job!!!). So, between the two of us Sandersville is not bad - it is just some of the social politics that bother us sometimes, I guess the good part is, the politics do not touch us very often - but it is sad to see other people go through the slander-mill here.

Anyway - Derek and I are going to be in the community theatre play this summer - the last weekend in June I believe. I will be Rapunzel, a very small role, thank God. Derek is the Baker which is the lead role, of course, because my husband is such the talent!!! I am nervous, don't know why I am doing this - but Derek is so excited, he really loves getting on stage for singing, acting, or both. He is so gifted in those areas...unlike his wife. But, if you want a laugh, come see the play.

The end for this morning.

No comments: