Election Night is always one of my favorite nights. My parents always emphasized it growing up and the last 2 elections plus this one have been very interesting to me and I have followed them minute for minute.
Although I have my disagreements with the McCain/Palin ticket - mostly with the Palin part - I could live and be happy under a McCain presidency. It doesn't seem that way for many people who voted for Obama. But on that same note I know many many many people who are being ridiculously dramatic about an Obama presidency - calling it the end of America and calling him worse from racist to terrorist to the AntiChrist.
No matter what side we chose we need to get on board the American train and off of our partisan high horses. Anti-Obama people need to realize if he were all of those awful things there is no way he could run for President with such support. Anti-McCain people need to get over themselves...and I guess us Anti-Palinites too...and not fuel any fire that may exist after Obama wins tonight (because he is almost to 270).
Get over the hate and begin the healing. We need to support our leaders because if they fail, we fail.
No comments:
Post a Comment