You know it seems like when someone does something that you know is not a good idea you LIVE for the day you can tell them "I told you so" or at least whisper it to yourself.
Well...when that person actually faces the reality of your warnings, the urge to say that immediately goes away.
My cousin is 21. Three days ago she was a married woman to a man we all told her would hurt her when she was married a few weeks out of high school, at 18. Today she is in the midst of a divorce, brought upon her by this husband out of the blue. He left her Tuesday night and had divorce papers ready today. They had been on a date and shopping just Monday.
None of us can actually believe that our warnings actually came true - and we really wish they hadn't. We all feel so horrible and can't imagine being married for two years and being divorced by the age of 21. I just saw her, hugged her and cried with her. I want her to be okay and I want her to have a life now - to have friends and to meet a good-looking perfect guy and actually get to go on dates. I just don't know how she will do it. She seems like she is being "strong" but she has no obligation to be - this is hard stuff, not something you get over in a few weeks...it will take a long time.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your cousin Crystal. I have a few friends that were divorced young, its to hard even imagine how hard that must be. Miss you!
Post a Comment